In a tram on Route-3, the Old Lady in the leopard dress treats the passengers with juicy oranges during a hot, but rainy day in the centre of Sarajevo. Nadja, the princess-teen in her pink hijab; Luka, the virgin bully; an Orthodox Priest; an old creepy man and many, many more ordinary people in this tram have nothing in common, but a juicy slice of orange. All except a shy, yet horny, teenager named Amar.
● The film is part of the "Sarajevo City of Film", powered by Sarajevo Film Festival.
RADIATOR IP SALES
An OBALA ART CENTAR PRODUCTION in a
CO-PRODUCTION with IMAGINA PICTURES S.A & DNA LAB
SOUND DESIGN & MIX
Kostas Chrysogelos (DNA Lab)
GENRE: Coming-Of-Age Comedy
RUNTIME: 13 min
FORMAT: 2K | 4:3 | 25fps | 5:1 Sound | DCP |
SUBTITLES: English, Greek, TBA.
COUNTRY: Bosnia&Herzegovina with Greece
PREMIERE: 44th TIFF (Toronto 09.2019)
#route3 #route3film #tiff44
#shortfilm #orangeporn #movies
● The Screenwriter of the film, Marina Symeou, was the main actress of the director's successful short film PATISION AVENUE (2018).
● Posters by Sevi Xeini
● The film is shot inside the most historical Tram of Sarajevo: the Vienna's Tram.
● The "Sarajevo City of Film" project's idea was to merge alumni Sarajevo Talents to work together and create a short film tribute to Sarajevo City. The Director, Screenwriter, Producer and DOP were all alumni Talents.
"Sex, Hijabs & a Tram full of oranges!"
● While the film is in Bosnian language, the director doesn’t speak Bosnian.
"As someone who is familiar with the unpleasant feeling of being afraid to express my attraction to someone in public, I identify with Amar, a teenager discovering his “forbidden” sexual attraction for this beautiful Muslim girl. I understand how he feels trapped and judged by the strangers in this conservative, yet full of sexual energy, tram ride of the historic Route-3 in the centre of the charming city of Sarajevo."
THANASIS NEOFOTISTOS is a Film Director, Writer & Architect. Member of European Film Academy, Berlinale Talents alumnus & Head Programmer of Student Int’l Competition of DramaISFF. His short films have premiered in 75th Venice IFF, in 44th TIFF Toronto & won in 42nd Clermont-Ferrand, amongst others.
► AIRHOSTESS-737 (Fiction-2022-15’)
► ROUTE-3 | Trojka (Fiction-2019-13’)
► SPARKLING CANDLES (Fiction-2019-9’)
► PATISION AVENUE (Fiction-2018-13’)
► FOUR DIMENSIONS AND ONE LAMP (Doc-2017-30')
► POGONISKOS (Documentary-2015-11')
► PROSEFHI: Greek School Prayer (Fiction- 2014-20')
► THE SUN AND THE WIND (Experimental 2013-10')
Radiator IP Sales
*FOR FESTIVALS & SCREENERS:
Obala Art Centar